2014 is almost over and 2015 around the corner. An opportunity to make changes in one’s life both professionally and personally can be had by all, should one wish.
As a professional I have grown by ‘leaps and bounds’ as the expression goes and I plan for this to continue. 2014 has provided me with opportunity, collaboration with professionals around the world, and brought additional meaning and purpose to my life and I am very grateful!
I would like to take this posting as an opportunity to say thank you to the many professionals in my life who have made my 2014 year an exceptional one:
- My colleagues at Social Justice Solutions-SJS, without my connection and collaboration with all of them in 2012, I would not have continued with writing to the extent that I have. Thank you for the opportunity to write book reviews and to interview professionals in the field. I look forward to our continued collaboration!
- A special thank you to Julie Saeger Nierenberg, my co-author of Journey’s End. It has been a wonderful year of collaboration and teamwork. We work well together and I look forward to the next and final stage of completing the book and having it published in 2015!
- To the many professionals I have ‘met’ through LinkedIn. Thank you for the connection, the collaboration, and support! May 2015 bring us all continued collaboration, happiness, and opportunity.
- Because of LinkedIn, I connected with a colleague here in Montreal and have the opportunity to write for a local organization, OTTITI. To Martine Castonguay-Thank you and I look forward to writing, opening a dialogue, and sharing information. The website looks amazing and the team is wonderful!
- To all my colleagues at Cummings Centre where I work as a Case Manager and group facilitator-thank you! 14 years later I continue to enjoy my job, the interactions with clients, the discussions we as colleagues have, and the mentoring I receive!
- To those professionals that I have recently collaborated with re: posting from their blogs to this blog; NorthernMSW- Thank you! (Dr. Gabi Heras, Dr. Steven Kassels, Kelly Mitchell) I look forward to continued collaboration in the 2015 year!
- Rea L. Ginsberg-Thank you! Your articles are very relevant and I value your opinion, judgement, and experience.
I also would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone Happy Holidays, no matter which holiday your celebrate, Chanukah, Christmas, Winter Solstice, Kwanza and a very Happy and Healthy New Year! May the spirit of the holiday season linger in your hearts and minds all through the upcoming year!
Victoria Brewster, MSW (Vikki)